Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wired Jewelry Creations

Wire jewelry has been around just like beaded accessories.  The two are often incorporated together and sometimes clay is another medium used to create a more impressive outcome.  Over the years, I have tinkered with wire jewelry.  I have always been fascinated by it!  During my spare time I have a big roll of thick wire which I twist and turn to create new items with the help of some components.

 I have also taught this type of medium in my workshops along with knotting.  I plan to include it along with my new passion, braiding leather cords.  That's another area I will be discussing soon!  Here are some of my wired creations along with some of the works of my past students.  One of my students who can create such beautiful pieces is one amazing woman.  She just uses her bare hands to feel her way around the wire because she works best by touch since her vision has failed already.  Blinded yet unfazed and her spirit remains strong.

The first picture shows me with my some of my students during the PWD workshop..My student on the left side with her husband has made bracelets and hair accessories that won over the DSWD officers who took part in their anniversary.  Totally warms my heart...

Shown with me is are some of my workshop students: the husband and wife team on the left who can make pretty wired creations!  Mercy on my right, an architect by profession creates beautiful rosary bracelets!  Anafe is the current vice president shown here with another PWD officer.

My wired creations:








No comments:

Post a Comment