Saturday, May 7, 2011

E is for Entrepreneur and E-Commerce

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I have become acquainted and familiarized with e-commerce and online auction sites.  So much so that I was even able to start shipping overseas my products.  Happy with the outcome, I proceeded to create my own business online.  Even before I ventured into accessory making and conducting workshops and livelihood programs, I was already selling online like any ebayer,

Like many others, I didn't give much thought about selling my used stuff or in ebay parlance, pre-loved.  But being the diligent researcher that I am, it dawned on me that like the accessories business there too was a big market for pre-loved stuff!  As if seeing all those ukay-ukays wasn't a sign!  If only I had more hands then I would probably be back on the auction sites selling also more of my pre-loved stuff! 

I sold my pre-loved stuff, then I went on to sell brand new clothes, hand made export quality shoes (I was overjoyed when it was featured on a magazine for call center agents!).  I got to export it overseas along with lots of maxi dresses, beach cover-ups.  

E-commerce allows people to pay with different payment methods and receiving your item by courier is far more economical than driving off to a mall for a meet-up (hello gas prices and hot weather!).  I always love the sound of our door bell ringing especially if I am expecting a package! HAHA!! I don't know if its just me but I love unwrapping parcels!  The e-commerce sites allows sellers to create their own sites, sell their products and do business with other people.  Its a virtual highway consisting of buyers and sellers!  

On the downside, there are buyers who are not familiar with the policies for online shoppers so they sometimes end up on the BOGUS BUYERS list and get a negative feedback or a negative strike if its in an auction site.  One can't just click away or order without paying for it.  There is a certain level of responsibility to it.  Make sure you are able to pay for your purchases before you buy.  If you can't then don't buy.  Pure, plain, and simple logic.  No excuses. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment