Sunday, May 15, 2011

New food choices at Pergola (Fruity Fro Yo and Mexan

A couple of days ago I went to Fruity Fro Yo to try it out.  Read about it as well as the reviews and I wanted to try it out myself.  At Fruity fro yo like I Love Yo you get to decide how much yogurt you want.  You can also have it either plain or flavored.


 There are various toppings in elongated transparent containers to choose from ranging from sweet treats to fruity selections.  There are different cup sizes as well   So, off  I went and got  my cup filled and added some mango cubes (mangoes were too ripe for my taste)  and chocolate syrup to add to my yogurt.  The taste is great.  No doubt about it.  The price was a whopping Php176.  Surprised? Don't be.  That is usually the case if your yogurt is being weighed.  Taste wise its like California Berry and Yogato (you can find it at Teriyaki Boy and Pepper Steak).  My vote?  Its a toss between California Berry and Yogato.  But if I won't take into consideration the promo card at California Berry, then my vote would go to Yogato HANDS DOWN.  The serving at YOGATO is simply spectacular!



Today I tried MEXAN.  A small watering hole type of resto over at Pergola here at BF Homes, Sucat.
I ordered two of their quesadillas.  Garlic and cheese and chicken.  I also tried their iced tea.  My verdict?  Go for the garlic and cheese.  The chicken quesadilla was not quite what I expected.  From my previous encouters with the quesadilla this one tasted like it had ranchero sauce in it.  The order consisted of several quesadilla slices with some nachos and some mayo and salsa.  No great shakes but if you're having a craving for mexican food its good for a quick fix.  Prices are affordable and service was fast.  Music sucks though.  Restaurant owners should know that good music and good food always go together.  Plus, invest in a high powered aircon.  Take your cue from Tropical Hut hamburger.  How did they survive the deluge of burger joints well aside from good service and good food, the aircon is a vital tool..Make that a very vital tool especially if your country is known for its  tropical climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment